Houston Boat Accident Attorney
When you or someone you love is involved in a boating accident in Texas, it is essential to speak with an experienced boat accident attorney in Houston. The attorneys at AK Law Firm know the enormous toll boating accident injuries take on both victims and their families. We are dedicated to answering your legal questions and will work diligently to ensure you receive compensation for your boating accident injuries.
AK Law Firm is:
- Experienced in boating accident cases and boating law
- Prepared and ready to take your case
- Proven success in recovering millions of dollars in total settlements and jury awards on behalf of our clients
We are proud to give each of our clients the personal attention and zealous advocacy they deserve. We look forward to speaking with you. There is no charge for a case evaluation, so call AK Law Firm now.
How Can a Boat Accident Attorney Help Me?
A Houston boat accident attorney, like ours at AK Law Firm, will assist you in all aspects of your claim. At AK Law Firm, we are with you from start to finish to answer all of your questions and provide any access to support and resources you may need.
Additionally, our boat accident lawyers may do any of the following:
- Investigate your claim
- Research the other parties boating history and credentials
- Interview any witnesses
- Visit the scene of the accident
- Use expert witnesses to assess medical damages and any losses
- Negotiate aggressively for full and fair compensation
- If necessary, take your case to trial
There is a two-year time limit to file most boating accident claims in Texas. Contact AK Law Firm so our Houston personal injury lawyers may start working on your claim today!
Causes of Boating Accidents
Many boating accidents are attributable to inexperienced drivers and poorly instructed riders. Other causes of boating accidents include:
- Inattentive operators
- Operating under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to use a designated lookout
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Defective or dangerous machinery
Not all boating accidents involve two boats colliding with one another. Frequently, other watercraft are included, such as:
- Jet-skis or Wave-runners
- Windsurfers and kite-surfers
Boating Accident Injuries
People involved in boating accidents suffer a wide range of injuries. Some victims of boating accidents escape with minor cuts and bruises while others barely escape with their lives. Common boating accident injuries may include:
- Broken bones. Broken bones are common in any boat collision accident.
- Burns and explosions. Combustible materials, including fuel, on boats, may ignite quickly in a significant collision resulting in severe burns, scarring, and disability. A burn injury lawyer from our firm can help after you’ve sustained serious burns from a boat crash.
- Spinal cord injuries. Any crash or fall from a watercraft may result in severe spinal injury or paralysis.
- Head injuries. Head injuries from traveling in watercraft at high speeds may be mild to severe. Victims may sustain cuts and bruises or concussions and traumatic brain injuries.
- Amputations. Amputations are due to contact with the vessel itself or the propeller.
- Lacerations. Propellers, ladders, or sharp objects on board the boat or in the water may cause lacerations.
Victims of boating accidents are sometimes traumatized by the experience and left with mental and emotional scars throughout their lives.
Call For Skilled Legal Counsel For Your Boating Accident Case
The Houston boat accident lawyers at AK Law Firm will assist you in proving accident-related emotional and mental damages, financial losses, medical costs, and future expenses. We will guide you through the legal process and help ease your stress so you can regain your health. Our focus is on making you and your family whole again. Â Contact AK Law Firm today.