Houston Delivery Truck Accident Attorney
When you or a loved one were the victim of a delivery truck accident, the Houston delivery truck accident attorneys at AK Law Firm are available to offer you support and legal guidance through this challenging time in your life. The driver or employer of the delivery truck may owe you compensation for your injuries and other losses.
At AK Law Firm, our delivery truck accident attorneys are:
- Well-versed in the complexity of delivery truck accident cases
- Compassionate towards clients and the emotional trauma resulting from these accidents
- Committed to helping victims of delivery truck accidents
You should never pay for injuries caused by the negligence of another. Call to discuss your delivery truck accident claim with one of the experienced Houston truck accident attorneys at AK Law Firm today. Your initial consultation is free, and we never charge upfront fees.
How Can a Delivery Truck Accident Attorney Help Me?
A seasoned delivery truck accident attorney, like ours at AK Law Firm, will pursue your right to compensation for your injuries. We use our dedication, understanding of complex personal injury laws, and evidence-gathering skills to strengthen and build your delivery truck accident claim.
We may also do the following:
- Obtain witness statements, CCTV footage, and photographic evidence
- Get police and medical reports
- Determine whether the driver or the driver’s employer broke health or safety laws
- Check to see if the truck complied with any state or federal guidelines
- Review the truck driver’s logbooks, truck maintenance records, and insurance coverage
- Request drug and alcohol test results to learn if intoxication was a factor in the accident
The above is only a sampling of how AK Law Firm works on your behalf to secure the maximum compensation available to you by law. To learn more, contact us in Houston to schedule your claim evaluation.
Types of Delivery Trucks and Common Carriers
Delivery trucks are smaller than semi-trucks but can still weigh upwards of 26,000 pounds. Types of trucks used for deliveries include:
- Box trucks
- Large vans
- Flatbed trucks
- Customized vehicles
Common carriers using delivery trucks in the United States are:
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
UPS is the largest shipping carrier in North America. FedEx is the second largest. FedEx delivery vehicles have black box devices onboard that record information during an accident.
Black box devices record information such as:
- The speed of the driver
- When and if the driver used their brakes
- Whether the vehicle’s mechanical system was functional
Causes of Delivery Truck Accidents
The need for delivery trucks and delivery truck drivers continues to increase, subsequently driving up the number of delivery truck accidents. While delivery truck drivers must obey the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) guidelines, accidents still occur.
Common causes of delivery truck accidents are:
- Improper or inadequate training
- Poor vehicle maintenance
- Tires and lighting system violations
- Speeding and risky maneuvers
- Driving in inclement weather
- Distracted driving
- Improper cargo loading or overloading
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs
Delivery Truck Accident Injuries
The extent and severity of delivery truck accident injuries vary greatly. However, the more common injuries include:
- Head and brain injuries
- Neck, back, and spine injuries, such as whiplash
- Chest injuries
- Burn injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Broken bones
When delivery truck drivers and their companies cause other drivers’ injuries due to their negligence, victims need to hold them accountable to prevent similar accidents from happening in the future. A Houston injury lawyer is the first step in accomplishing this task.
Call – We Can Help
At AK Law Firm, our focus is meeting your goals and expectations. We want to effectively and successfully manage your legal matters so that you can heal from your accident. Call us in Houston today to learn more about our client services and set up a meeting with one of our accident attorneys.