Houston Distracted Driving Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one are the victim of a distracted driving accident in Houston, you need a law firm with experience facing distracted drivers and distracted driving lawsuits. At AK Law Firm, our Houston distracted driving accident lawyers believe in holding distracted drivers accountable for the serious injuries and suffering they inflict on others, and we have a track record of success in doing just that.
Call AK Law Firm today. Our Houston distracted driving accident attorneys will provide you with:
- Free, no-obligation consultation and assessment of your claim
- An honest opinion as to the value of your claim and any potential for recovery
- The knowledge, focus, and resources of a law firm devoted only to victims and their families every single day
At AK Law Firm, we want you to know your legal rights after an accident. There are no upfront fees for representation, and we paid only if we win your case. Call our car accident lawyers in Houston today.
How a Distracted Driving Accident Attorney Can Help You
A skilled distracted driving accident attorney does more than negotiate a settlement with the opposing insurance company. To win your claim and secure you the maximum recovery available, your attorney must build a strong distracted driving case on your behalf. At AK Law Firm, our trial attorneys do this by gathering the following types of information:
- Cell phone records to confirm the other driver was on their phone at the time of the collision
- Witness statements to prove the other driver was either on their phone or engaged in another distraction at the time of the crash
- Traffic camera recordings to show the distracted driver was not paying attention at the time of the collision
- The police accident report which often contains any witness statements, phone records, and additional information indicating the other driver was distracted before the car accident.
AK Law Firm uses all of this evidence during any negotiations, and if needed, at your trial. Evidence fades with time, so call our office today to schedule your free consultation.
What is Distracted Driving?
Distracted driving is anything that makes driving a secondary task. One of the most common reasons for distracted driving is the use of cell phones. There are three categories of distracted driving, visual, cognitive, and manual distractions.
- Visual distractions are objects that take a driver’s eyes off of the road.
- Cognitive distractions are mental emotions, thinking, and stressors that separate a driver’s mind from the road.
- Manual distractions are any distractions that remove a driver’s hands from the wheel.
Types of Distractions
Common examples of distracted driving in Houston include:
- Sending text messages while driving
- Eating or drinking
- Adjusting the sound system
- Reading or writing
- Navigating with a GPS
- Adjusting air conditioning or heating controls
- Operating a sunroof or moonroof
- Turning around to address children in the backseat
- Talking with other passengers
- Applying makeup or other cosmetics
- Trying to access items in the passenger areas
Compensation for a Victim of a Houston Distracted Driving Accident
Compensation for distracted driving injuries varies depending on the severity of the accident and injuries. However, most compensation in distracted driving accidents include the following:
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Lost income and loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage repair or replacement costs
- Pain and suffering
When a victim dies from their serious injuries, surviving family members may file a wrongful death lawsuit to receive monies for:
- Pain, suffering, and distress
- Burial and funeral costs
- Loss of companionship, financial support, and guidance
Contact a Houston Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer
Insurance companies generally offer less than a victim deserves for their injuries and losses. Allowing a Houston personal injury lawyer from AK Law Firm to build and strengthen your case shows the insurance adjuster that you mean business. Increase your chances for fair and just compensation for your medical bills and more. Call our distracted driving attorneys today.