Houston Fatal Car Accident Attorney
When someone you love is killed in a fatal car accident due to the reckless acts of another, call AK Law Firm. Our Houston fatal car accident attorneys are here to help victimsâ€™ families recover from the devastating loss of a loved one in Texas.
At AK Law Firm, our Houston personal injury attorneys will:
- Take the time to sit with you and answer all of your questions
- Work with you to develop a plan of action for moving forward with your legal claim
- Fight to hold any at-fault parties responsible for the untimely death of your loved one
Although no amount of financial recovery will take the place of your family member, our fatal car accident lawyers will aggressively pursue the maximum compensation available. AK Law Firm looks forward to providing you with a client-focused legal experience from your consultation through to either a settlement or a trial.
How a Fatal Car Accident Attorney Can Help
When a family member or loved one passes away, you should use your energy to recover from your loss. The last thing you should worry about is a legal claim and battling an insurance company. Choosing an experienced fatal car accident attorney in Houston, like those at AK Law Firm, is an essential step towards easing your burden.
Our car accident lawyers know the legal processes and laws surrounding fatality accidents and how to win fatal car accident claims. Never sign or accept a settlement offer from an insurance adjuster without speaking with one of our attorneys first. A consultation at AK Law Firm may help you ensure the following:
- The settlement provides for you and your family now and in the future
- Any payment covers all funeral costs
- That the settlement is a full and fair amount of compensation
- At no time during the legal process is the memory or dignity of your loved one disrespected
Call AK Law Firm today to schedule a free claim evaluation. There are no upfront fees, and we do not receive compensation until you do.
Causes of Fatal Car Accidents
Fatal car accidents occur every day in the United States. Some involve multiple vehicles, while others are single-car accidents. Fatalities arise at the scene or later as a result of injuries.
The most common cause of fatal car accidents is distracted driving. Distracted driving may include:
- Using the vehicle sound system
- Utilizing the vehicle GPS
- Talking, typing, or texting on a cell phone
- Reaching for items on the passenger side of the car
- Other contributing causes of fatal car accidents are:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, and prescription medications
- Drowsy driving
- Road rage
- Poorly maintained vehicles
- Inclement weather
Who Can Sue for a Fatal Car Accident?
In Texas, only immediate relatives of the deceased loved one may sue for wrongful death. This includes spouses, children, and parents. Brothers and sisters may only sue if they are executors of the estate, and only if no immediate relatives are suing.
Suing in a wrongful death lawsuit is filing a civil lawsuit for money damages. This is different from a criminal charge. Only the criminal prosecutor may file criminal charges, and it is the criminal court that punishes a wrongdoer with fines or prison.
Compensation, in a wrongful death lawsuit, may include economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages are financial losses including, but not limited to:
- Lost wages
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of goods and services
- Funeral costs
Non-economic damages are not so easily calculable and may include:
- Loss of care
- Loss of guidance
- Loss of protection
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of counsel
Contact Us Today
For more information about compensation in a fatal car accident lawsuit or to find out if your claim is valid, contact AK Law Firm. We pride ourselves on assessing claims honestly and want to meet your expectations.