Houston Highway Construction Zone Accident Attorney
When you or a loved one suffer from injuries in a construction zone, call the highway construction zone accident attorneys at AK Law Firm. We work with victims injured in construction zones by construction worker negligence, faulty construction equipment, improper safety standards, and reckless drivers. We will answer your questions and pursue compensation for your injuries.
The Houston construction zone accident attorneys at AK Law Firm:
- Understand how to investigate work zone accident scenes properly
- Know the relevant Texas safety laws and regulations
- Has a proven track record of successful settlements and verdicts totaling millions of dollars
Contact us today. You will not pay for our legal services unless we obtain compensation for you and your family. When you work with AK Law Firm, we will carefully listen to your needs and identify any legal courses of action available to you.
How Can a Construction Zone Accident Attorney Help Me?
Construction zone accident claims often involve multiple parties making proving liability a difficult task. Experienced highway construction zone accident lawyers, like ours at AK Law Firm, will investigate your claim for details and evidence to establish and prove liability for your accident.
Our Houston accident attorneys will also assist you by:
- Reviewing photos of the accident scene and wreckage
- Visiting the accident scene and wreck
- Obtaining any witness statements
- Reviewing details in the police report
- Using accident experts to examine the debris, tire tread marks, and other accident evidence
- Compiling medical records to establish the extent and prognosis of your injuries
- Aggressively representing you in negotiations
- Taking your case to trial if needed
At AK Law Firm, we will work diligently to establish a successful case for you. Our personal injury lawyers in Houston will guide you through the legal process and will stand firm when protecting your rights.
Causes of Construction Zone Accidents
A construction zone accident is any accident that takes place at or near a construction zone. Construction workers do not need to be working or present at the time of the accident. Liability for a construction zone accident sometimes falls on the construction company, another driver, or even a combination of the two.
Construction companies may be liable for an accident caused by:
- Failure to follow federal and state guidelines for safe roadway construction
- Poor construction zone design
- Failure to post adequate warning signs
- Detour and warning signs are inaccurate or not visible
- Improper placement of vehicles, barricades or signs
- Failure to properly light the roadway
- Creating roads that are not level or are damaged
- Faulty traffic control
When other drivers are the cause of construction zone accidents, the reason is often distracted driving. When drivers are not paying attention, they may do the following:
- Ignoring construction cones and signs
- Fail to see stopped vehicles ahead
- Approach a work zone too fast to slow down
- Fail to merge
- Fail heed warning signs
- Fail to observe construction speed limits
Compensation for a Construction Zone Accident
Every driver understands that roadways need repairs. However, when negligent parties fail to protect drivers from danger, they could owe for the injuries they cause. The amount of compensation and the types of damages available vary, but may include:
- Medical bills, including emergency room visits, surgery, various therapies, physicians, medications, and medical supplies
- Personal care or assistance with daily personal needs
- Physical, emotional, and mental pain and suffering
- Scarring, disfigurement, impairment, or disability
- Future damages for the ongoing loss of income and medical care
- Lost wages
Get In Touch With Our Team
At AK Law Firm, our construction zone attorneys want you and your family to receive the compensation you deserve. Call our office in Houston today. There are time limits to file your construction zone injury claim, so do not delay.