Houston Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Thousands of people every year suffer an injury because their healthcare provider acted improperly. When treatment falls below the accepted standard of medical care, medical professionals may cause their patients unnecessary, serious harm. The Houston medical malpractice attorneys at AK Law Firm believe in holding negligent healthcare providers accountable for the harm they cause. We help injured Texans make the best legal decisions possible to rebuild their lives after medical malpractice injuries.
If you suspect that a preventable medical error harmed you or your loved one, call AK Law Firm. Our medical malpractice lawyers are:
We will fight aggressively for the maximum compensation available to you by law. Your consultation is free, and we never charge you unless we win.
How a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Houston Can Help
You should never bear the cost of a preventable medical error. The responsible doctor, nurse, hospital, or other medical provider acted improperly and harmed you. Texas law allows patients to file a lawsuit demanding full compensation for their expenses and losses related to the injury.
Our Houston medical malpractice attorneys at AK Law Firm will:
- Work with independent medical experts to analyze your medical records and any hospital records to determine what happened, the nature of the harm, and who was responsible
- Establish the full amount of your medical damages
- File a medical malpractice lawsuit against the careless medical provider or hospital
- Negotiate aggressively on your behalf for a fair settlement
- Take your case to trial if there are no acceptable settlement offers
Let an injury lawyer from AK Law Firm help you while you recover from your medical injury. Our medical malpractice attorneys are compassionate listeners and want to help you meet your individual recovery goals. Call our Houston trial lawyers today.
What is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a medical doctor, hospital, or any medical professional deviates from what is considered the accepted standard or level of care when providing care to patients. Proving medical malpractice requires an attorney to show that the provider’s care was negligent, and their medical negligence resulted in harm or wrongful death to the patient.
Common medical malpractice claims include the following:
- Delay or failure to diagnose a medical condition
- Delay or failure to properly treat a medical condition
- Errors in blood tests or other laboratory errors
- Failure to diagnose
- Nursing home abuse
- Prescribing or administering the wrong medication
- Improper administration or use of anesthesia
- Surgical infections
- Surgical errors
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Failure to obtain patient consent
Compensation for Medical Malpractice
Compensation in a medical malpractice claim depends on the extent of a victim’s injuries. Medical malpractice awards may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of future lost earnings
- Lost wages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Medical bills
- Accommodations for disability
- Mental and emotional trauma
There are exceptional medical malpractice cases where a doctor or healthcare provider acted so recklessly or so egregiously that the court awards punitive damages. Punitive damages are a rare form of damages meant to punish or deter future conduct.
Medical malpractice is rarely intentional. Sometimes, personal judgments lead to mistakes. However, it is unacceptable for any patient to pay for the error of a medical provider.
Contact a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Houston Today
At AK Law Firm, we fight aggressively for victims of medical malpractice and aren’t afraid to take on insurance companies. If you believe you have a medical malpractice claim, call us for help and to schedule a free consultation. There are time limits to pursue your case, so do not delay.