Houston Pedestrian Accident Attorney
When you or a loved one experiences severe injuries or dies as the result of a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation from the at-fault driver. The Houston pedestrian accident attorneys at AK Law Firm will review the details of your accident and determine if your claim qualifies you for compensation to pay your medical bills and other accident-related expenses.
At AK Law Firm: Injury Lawyers, we will pursue the maximum compensation available to you under the law. Our law firm is client-focused, meaning we will:
- Use every resource we have to help you win your claim
- Go out of our way to ensure you receive the proper medical care for your injuries
- Respond promptly to all of your phone calls and emails, and keep you informed of your case status
Our pedestrian accident lawyers take pride in offering one-on-one attention to our clients. Contact us today to schedule a free claim evaluation and learn more about our services.
What Can a Pedestrian Accident Attorney Do For You?
Insurance companies may offer you a settlement right away. However, it is unlikely that payment will take into account any long-term consequences of your injuries or any ongoing financial burdens that you will face in the future.
At AK Law Firm, our Houston pedestrian accidents attorneys never want you to settle for less compensation than you need. We will work quickly to evaluate your case and to estimate your future costs. We will also do the following:
- Investigate your pedestrian accident and identify all responsible parties
- Identify all insurance coverage applicable to your accident and injuries
- Analyze your medical records to determine the full extent of your injuries and your prognosis for recovery
- Consult with independent medical professionals regarding how your serious injuries will affect you in the future
- Calculate all your medical and financial expenses, past and future, related to the accident
- Calculate a fair payment for your pain and suffering
- Aggressively negotiate claims with insurance carriers
- When needed, pursue compensation in a formal lawsuit
Never sign a statement or accept any payment from an insurance company until you speak with a Houston personal injury attorney from AK Law Firm. When you take an initial offer, it is probably not enough to cover your losses, and you may lose any rights to additional compensation.
What are the Main Causes of Pedestrian Accidents?
Most pedestrian accidents happen in intersections. Although laws are in place to protect pedestrians from vehicle accidents, both drivers and pedestrians ignore these laws or simply fail to pay attention to the road.
Common causes of drivers hitting pedestrians are:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Pedestrians may increase their safety when walking by:
- Wearing light-colored clothing at night
- Limiting cell phone distractions
- Obeying crosswalk laws and avoiding jaywalking
Sometimes drivers are not to blame for a pedestrian accident. Other potentially liable parties may include:
- The municipality or entity responsible for maintaining the roads and sidewalks
- The vehicle manufacturer of a defective auto part
- Trucking companies and other third parties for negligent hiring practices, poor maintenance, or other accident-related factors
What are Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries?
Even low speeds cause catastrophic injuries to pedestrians. When pedestrians and vehicles do collide, the resulting injuries often include:
- Open or closed head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord trauma
- Road rash
- Broken bones and fractures
- Soft tissue damage
- Internal injuries
Negligent drivers injure even the most careful pedestrians every year. When an accident causes you injuries, loss of work, and mounting medical and household costs, call AK Law Firm. Our accident attorneys will fight to hold the negligent party accountable for your losses.
Contact a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
You deserve more than money. You deserve compassionate care and justice for your injuries. Contact AK Law Firm: Injury Lawyers in Houston to learn more about your pedestrian accident claim and schedule a free consultation today. If you lost a loved one due to a fatal pedestrian crash, our wrongful death lawyers in Houston can help you explore your options under Texas law.