Houston Product Liability Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered injuries or even died, as the result of a product defect, call the product liability attorneys at AK Law Firm. Our attorneys are compassionate about product liability claims. We want dangerous products pulled from the market, and big corporations stopped putting more victims in harm’s way.
The Houston product liability lawyers at AK Law Firm, will:
- Stand up and fight for your legal right to full compensation
- Use all of our knowledge and resources to win your product liability case
- Focus on you and your individual goals when making a product liability case strategy
Call our law office in Houston for a free consultation. The earlier we start on your claim, the faster we can build you a strong product liability case. There is a time limit for filing defective product liability claims in Texas, so contact us today.
How a Product Liability Attorney Can Help You
Defect product and product liability cases are difficult, costly to pursue, and hard to prove. You need the experienced, aggressive product liability attorneys of AK Law Firm: Injury Lawyers on your side.
Our Houston personal injury lawyers will do the following on your behalf:
- Obtain statements from any witnesses
- Collect evidence
- Retain expert witnesses to support your claim
- Analyze your medical records to determine the full extent of your serious injuries
- Document and calculate your property damage, loss of work, and pain and suffering
- Connect you with any additional help you may need, such as medical care, counseling, or personal assistance
- Compile evidence from recall notices from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) or the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), along with any existing independent studies
- File your product liability lawsuit
- Negotiate a full and fair settlement or continue with the defective product lawsuit
AK Law Firm will keep you updated on your personal injury case progress and respond promptly to your calls and emails. If you lost a loved one due to a defective product, we can help you explore your legal right to compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit. We want to ease the stress of the legal process so you can focus on yourself and your family members. We can hold negligent parties responsible for designing and manufacturing dangerous drugs, auto parts, and additional defective products.
What is Product Liability?
Product liability is the responsibility of a manufacturer, distributor, or seller of a product to do the following:
- Protect the user from injury by a product that is unreasonably dangerous or manufactured in a way that the danger is hidden or concealed from the buyer
- Test and inspect its product
- Make reasonable inspections or tests for latent or hidden defects in the products it sells
Types of Product Defects
There are three common types of product defects: design, manufacturing, and marketing defects.
- Design defects. Products have a defective design if there is something inherently unsafe in the design of the product that has nothing to do with the manufacturing process.
- Manufacturing defects. The product’s design is good, but the product itself is manufactured differently from its intended design.
- Marketing defects. A marketing defect occurs when the manufacturer of a product uses false advertising or fails to warn consumers about possible negative consequences associated with using the product, such as harmful side effects of a dangerous drug.
What Are the Most Common Types of Product Liability Claims in Houston?
While any defective product is subject to a legal product liability claim, there are some products with ongoing litigation. Common product liability lawsuits include:
- Automotive products such as acceleration systems, airbags, brakes, fuel tanks, ignition systems, seat belts, and steering systems
- Children’s products including bunk beds, car seats, crayons, cribs, strollers, toys, and toy chests
- Construction and building products like ladders, scaffolding, power tools, asbestos-containing materials, and decks
- Household appliances and products such as fire alarms, carbon monoxide detectors, lawnmowers, and space heaters
- Medical products or medical devices including artificial hips, knee implants, surgical and transvaginal mesh, and shoulder pain pumps
- Pharmaceutical products like birth control devices (IUDs), diabetes drugs, diet drugs, over-the-counter medications, statin (cholesterol) drugs, and vaccines
- Sports and recreation products, including ATVs and ROVs, amusement park rides, off-road motorcycles, personal watercraft (Sea-Doo, Jet Ski), pools and spas, and trampolines
Contact a Houston Product Liability Lawyer Today
Never accept a settlement for your personal injury lawsuit without talking to a Houston product liability attorney. The defective product lawyers at AK Law Firm: Injury Lawyers will assess and honestly evaluate your defective product injury claim for free, meaning you have nothing to lose in speaking with us about your dangerous product or dangerous drug case.
Our legal team may be able to help you recover financial compensation for your serious injuries, such as medical expenses, medical bills, and lost wages. We can help you explore your legal options for financial recovery and maximize your settlement. Contact us today to learn more about our client-focused approach to legal practice and what makes AK Law Firm: Injury Lawyers different from the rest.