Houston Railroad Accident Attorney
If a railroad accident injures you or a loved one, the attorneys at AK Law Firm want you to receive the compensation needed to recover. Our Houston railroad accident attorneys will give you an honest evaluation of your claim and guide you towards medical resources and aid organizations in the Houston area.
At AK Law Firm, our attorneys are:
- Experienced in injury law and the laws and regulations surrounding railroad accidents
- Dedicated to our clients and their individual needs and goals
- Successful in securing compensation for clients through both settlements and court verdicts
If you need a railroad accident lawyer in Houston, contact AK Law Firm today. Standing up for your legal rights helps hold railroad corporations accountable for neglecting public and passenger safety.
What a Railroad Accident Attorney Can Do For You
Railroad accident claims are complex, and determining the extent of your damages and liability for the accident may be more complicated than you think. The legal team at AK Law Firm will investigate the particulars of your accident to determine why your railroad accident happened and who is at fault.
The railroad accident attorneys may also:
- Visit the scene of the accident
- Collect evidence
- Obtain police reports
- Speak with witnesses and review any witness accounts of the accident
- Work with accident specialists to understand how the accident happened
- Establish liability for the accident
- Determine all available routes for compensation for your injuries
- Evaluate your medical records and prognosis for recovery
- Pursue a full and fair settlement for your injuries
- If necessary, take your case to trial before a judge or jury
There are time limits to file a railroad accident claim, and evidence disappears with time. Contact AK Law Firm so our Houston personal injury lawyers may begin working on your claim today.
Causes of Railroad Accidents in Houston
Railroad accidents happen for many reasons. Some are human error, while others include inadequate road or rail maintenance.
Common reasons for railroad accidents are the following:
- Train conductor negligence
- Railroad employee negligence
- Improper track and switch maintenance
- Train derailment
- Defective or improperly maintained equipment
- Motorist negligence
- Lack of railroad crossing warnings
- Defective or broken railroad crossing warnings
- Pedestrians on the rails
Railroad Accident Injuries
Railroad accidents are generally destructive events such as derailments and collisions involving several people, massive damages, and extensive injuries. However, even smaller railroad accidents result in serious injuries.
Railroad companies and railroad car operators owe a duty to keep passengers and the public safe when they fail victims suffer the following types of injuries:
- Burn injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Sprains and strained muscles
- Fractures or broken bones
- Brain injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of limbs
- Severe lacerations and contusions
- Spinal cord injuries
Reach Out To Us Today
When railroad accidents injure passengers, motorists, and pedestrians, victims may be due compensation from the at-fault party. If the accident causes a fatality, the victim’s family could pursue a wrongful death claim against the responsible individual or corporation.
If you would like an experienced railroad accident attorney to review your claim, contact AK Law Firm. Our attorneys will give you an honest opinion about your claim, explain your legal rights, and guide you through your legal options. We never charge upfront fees and get paid only if you win, so call our Houston attorneys today.