Houston Rideshare, Lyft & Uber Accident Attorney
When you or a loved one suffer injuries from a rideshare accident, call AK Law Firm. Our experienced Houston rideshare attorneys will review your case and tell you if you are legally entitled to compensation for your injuries. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation, so contact our office today.
At AK Law Firm, we realize the damages you recover from a personal injury lawsuit are extremely helpful in dealing with painful injuries and unexpected financial stress. That is why we fight aggressively to ensure all negligent parties are held responsible for their actions. The rideshare accident lawyers at AK Law Firm are:
- Focused only on personal injury law
- Experienced personal injury litigators
- Conscientious and return calls and emails within 24 hours
- Dedicated and honest in our interactions with clients
AK Law Firm is client-centered and focused on meeting our clients’ goals. Our Houston accident lawyers are compassionate towards our clients and relentless in our pursuit of justice for their injuries. We will provide you with a realistic assessment of your rideshare claim and help you determine your best legal outcome.
Why You Need a Rideshare Accident Attorney
Rideshare accidents are stressful, and handling your legal case only adds pressure and frustration to your life. Experienced Houston Uber accident attorneys, like those at AK Law Firm, will help you maximize the amount of money you receive for your injury claim while allowing you the time to focus on your physical, mental, and emotional recovery.
Our rideshare attorneys have the experience and knowledge of the laws, regulations, and procedures surrounding rideshare claims and litigation. They also have the resources necessary to pursue insurance companies for fair compensation for your losses.
Determining liability in a rideshare accident is often a difficult task. The attorneys at AK Law Firm will investigate and confirm all liable parties for your accident. There are generally multiple liable parties, including:
- Rideshare companies who fight to protect themselves from liability for the accidents
- Drivers who argue that the rideshare company’s insurance policy is the primary source of damages
- Third-party drivers who contributed to the accident and need identifying
Our injury attorneys in Houston will also evaluate your losses and calculate the amount of compensation you should demand in a damages award. Insurance companies will try to settle your claim quickly and cheaply. We will make sure that your claim is valued appropriately, and the insurance companies are unable to cheat you out of compensation.
What Are Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents in Houston?
As the popularity of rideshare services continues to grow in Houston, accidents involving Uber and Lyft drivers are increasing. Many causes of rideshare accidents are the same as regular car accidents. However, there are also some rideshare specific contributions to collisions.
The following are common causes of car accidents involving rideshare vehicles:
- Inattentive driving
- Driving over the speed limit
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Driver fatigue
- Failure to properly maintain the vehicle
- Ignoring traffic signals and signs
- Unsafe lane changes
- Driving in inclement weather
- Aggressive driving
Some causes of rideshare accidents that may differ from a typical car accident include:
- Rideshare drivers that are inexperienced in transporting rideshare passengers
- Rideshare applications that take a driver’s attention off of the road
- Drivers are working excessive hours carrying passengers over 24 hours
- Compensation for rideshare accidents
Who is Responsible in an Uber or Lyft Accident?
It is more difficult to establish liability in a rideshare accident than in a typical car accident. This is because popular rideshare companies, like Uber and Lyft, carry car insurance that only covers certain driver situations. The amount of recoverable damages depends on the circumstances involved.
If you incur injuries in a rideshare accident, there are insurance policies that might cover your injuries. For example, Uber and Lyft offer policies that stipulate the following:
- If a third-party motorist caused the Uber accident, their car insurance policy is liable for your injuries.
- Uber has a $1 million liability policy effective any time there is a rider in the vehicle if your Uber driver is at fault for the crash.
- Uber has a $1 million uninsured/underinsured motorist policy if the driver who caused the crash did not carry liability insurance.
- Uber and Lyft riders can qualify for benefits under each company’s $1 million insurance policy for the duration of their rideshare trips.
- A rideshare driver’s auto insurance policy might have to cover damages if the driver did not sign into the rideshare app at the time of the collision.
Protecting Your Rights After a Rideshare Accident
There are steps to take after a rideshare accident that may preserve any legal rights to compensation. If there is an accident, do the following:
- Call for medical help. Always seek medical treatment for any injuries, either at the scene or as soon as possible afterward.
- Call the police. An accident report is an important document to establish and provide details of an auto accident.
- Take a screenshot of the rideshare app on your phone. This will support a personal injury claim for compensation by proving active rideshare at the time of the accident.
- Notify your insurance company. Let them know that you were a passenger in a rideshare vehicle crash.
- Contact an attorney. A rideshare accident attorney will assist in filing your claim and manage all contact with the insurance companies to ensure fair treatment.
Contact a Houston Ridesharing Accident Attorney
At AK Law Firm, our Houston rideshare accident lawyers will communicate with you through every step of your claim, as well as answer all of your questions and include you in any decision-making. We accept cases on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning we are only paid when we win your case. Our ridesharing accident lawyers can help injured victims recover financial compensation for medical expenses, property damage, and more.
Contact us today for a free consultation about your Lyft or Uber accident in Houston, Texas. We want to meet and exceed your expectations.