Houston Speeding Accident Attorney
If a speeding driver injured you or a loved one, it is essential to contact an experienced Houston speeding accident attorney like those at AK Law Firm. Our attorneys will:
- Honestly evaluate your accident claim
- Provide you the best legal support available
- Proudly stand by you throughout your entire speeding accident claim
Victims of speeding accidents should receive fair compensation for their injuries. AK Law Firm works on a contingency-fee-basis, and you will not pay any fees or expenses unless we win your case. Our proven success rate speaks for itself; call us today to start your recovery.
How Can a Speeding Accident Attorney Help Me?
A skilled speeding accident lawyer will conduct a thorough investigation of your accident, preserve needed evidence, and gather any accident reports to build your accident claim. Some of the evidence the attorneys at AK Law Firm will procure on your behalf includes:
- Event Data Recorders (EDR) or black box data. Passenger vehicles built after 2014 have event data recorders, also known as black box data recorders. These devices record five seconds of data before an impact or collision including vehicle speed of the vehicle, engine RPM, brake application, and seatbelt usage.
- Witness interviews. Witnesses may remember details of the accident that help to identify the speeding vehicle or circumstances surrounding the accident.
- Physical evidence. Physical evidence may include video footage, photographs, skid marks left on the road, and visible vehicle and property damage. All of this evidence allows accident experts to recreate the accident and determine the at-fault party’s rate of speed.
It is imperative to contact a speeding accident attorney in Houston as soon as possible after an accident in Texas. Evidence tends to disappear and fade with time, and Texas sets time limits on recovery for injury claims. Call AK Law Firm today so a Houston personal injury lawyer may immediately begin work on your claim.
Causes of Speeding Accidents
Speed limits exist to keep the number of accidents and injuries to a minimum on the roadways. When drivers speed, they put those around them at serious risk. Speeding leads to higher incidents of accidents and injuries due to:
- Allowing less time to react to changing circumstances on the road
- Making vehicles harder to control, slow, or stop
- Exacerbating the dangers of driving in inclement weather
- Causing multi-vehicle crashes on highways and interstates
- Increasing the force involved in a crash, making it more likely to kill or seriously injure victims
- These accidents and injuries are usually due to driver negligence – one of the most common forms of driver negligence that causes speeding is the simple failure to pay attention
Other types of driver negligence that involve speeding may include:
- Failure to adjust speed to road conditions
- Driving too fast for traffic conditions
- Rushing or frustration by traffic that leads to reckless driving
- Tailgating, racing, road rage, and other types of aggressive driving
Speeding Accident Injuries
Speeding is illegal and may result in lifelong consequences for victims. Injuries from a speeding accident range from mild to severe, and commonly include the following:
- Whiplash, the result of a rear-end collision
- Neck and back injuries
- Concussion, head injuries, or traumatic brain injuries
- Face, chest, or neck injuries
- Bruises and contusions
- Broken bones and fractures
The financial and medical burdens of a speeding accident injury may be overwhelming. You may qualify for monetary compensation for your losses. Call AK Law Firm today and schedule a free claim evaluation.
Reach Out Today
Our Houston accident attorneys are hardworking and dedicated to providing you personalized service and meeting your goals. Meet with us and find out how we are different from other Houston law firms. We never charge any upfront fees and are not paid unless you win.