League City Car Accident Lawyer
In League City, Texas, car accidents are frequent occurrences, ranging from minor rear-end crashes to severe, multi-car collisions. If you are in a car accident, you can suffer severe damages including serious, painful injuries and thousands of dollars in lost wages, property damage, and more.
If you are the victim of a League City car accident, the League City car accident attorneys at AK Law Firm can help. We will use the full power of our firmâ€™s resources to represent your claim so you can obtain the compensation you need to recover.
Â Why Choose Us
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee system, limiting your out-of-pocket costs. You do not have to pay legal fees unless we secure a settlement in your case.
- AK Law Firm has a strong history of success, securing millions of dollars in compensation for our clients over our years of operation.
- We believe that open communication is vital to a car accident claim, and we will always respond to your questions and concerns within 24 hours.
Recoverable Damages After a Crash in League City, TX
After a car accident, Texas law allows you to collect compensation for any economic or non-economic damages you may sustain if someone else was responsible for the crash. Economic damages refer to the financial losses you experience, while non-economic damages involve any mental and physical pain and suffering.
Common damages in Texas car accident claims include the following:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Property damage, such as vehicle repairs
- Mental anguish
- Chronic pain
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Depression and anxiety
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Negligence in a Car Accident Case
To secure a settlement in a car accident lawsuit, you will need to prove that the other driver acted in negligence at the time of your crash. You or your League City car crash lawyer will need to gather evidence to prove three important elements:
- Duty: You will need to prove the driver owed you a duty of care at the time of the accident. This element is simple to prove in car accident cases, since all drivers owe each other a duty to drive safely and follow traffic laws.
- Breach: You will need to prove the driver breached his or her duty of care when the accident occurred. Proving this element will depend on the cause of your accident; for example, if the driver was under the influence at the time of the accident, the blood alcohol tests can establish the breach of care.
- Causation: You will need to prove the breach of care directly caused your injuries. You can prove this element with your medical records, witness testimony, expert witness testimony, and other pieces of evidence you uncover.
Your personal injury attorney will help you establish the facts necessary to prove the at-fault partyâ€™s negligence.
How a League City Car Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
While hiring a car accident lawyer may seem like a serious step to take after a collision, an attorney is an important investment to make in your future. The experience, skills, and knowledge of the League City, Texas accident attorneys at AK Law Firm can benefit your claim in a number of ways:
- Most car accident cases settle out of court during negotiation. Your attorney will have the skills and experience necessary to navigate these conversations.
- Your lawyer will know how to estimate your case claim and evaluate your damages, so you do not accept a lower settlement offer than what you deserve.
- Insurance companies do not always have your best interests in mind, since they have to pay your settlement. With an attorney, you always have an advocate on your side.
- The aftermath of a car accident can be painful, and recovery can be lengthy. Hiring a lawyer allows you to focus on recovery, not paperwork and legal jargon.
Although self-representation may seem easier, hiring an attorney increases your chances of a successful settlement by reducing unnecessary errors and lending important legal knowledge to your claim.
Contact a League City, TX Car Accident Attorney Today
Are you suffering from the aftermath of a League City car accident? The attorneys at AK Law Firm are here to represent your best interests and help you achieve maximum possible compensation. We will advocate aggressively for your rights, helping you protect your recovery each step of the way. Â Contact AK Law Firm today to schedule a free consultation with one of our League City car accident lawyers.