Pasadena Car Accident Lawyer
Although car accidents may be common, they can result in harmful consequences. From thousands of dollars in medical debt to extensive property damage and painful injuries, you deserve compensation to recover from your losses — and the Pasadena, TX car accident lawyers at AK Law Firm are here to represent your best interests each step of the way.
Why Choose Us
- Our firm values consistent, transparent communication from consultation to settlement. We will always respond to your queries within 24 hours.
- Our case results speak for themselves — our firm has secured millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
- We operate on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not have to pay any legal fees unless we secure a settlement on your behalf.
Pasadena, TX Car Accident Statistics
Car accidents are common on Texas roads. The Texas Department of Transportation provides the following statistics regarding motor vehicle crashes during 2017:
- 254,422 people suffered injuries in motor vehicle accidents.
- 3,726 people died in motor vehicle accidents.
- 17,538 people sustained a serious injury in a motor vehicle crash.
- 1,049 people died in accidents involving the use of alcohol or drugs.
- 553 people died in head-on collisions.
- 453 people died in accidents involving distracted driving.
- Texas did not see a single day in 2017 without traffic fatalities.
Legal Process After a Car Accident
Texas operates on a traditional fault insurance system, which provides you three options for collecting compensation after an accident.
- File a claim with the at-fault driverâ€™s insurance company
- File a claim with your own insurance company
- File a personal injury lawsuit in civil court
In most claims, you will begin in the insurance stage and progress to a lawsuit if this process does not result in a settlement. However, it may be beneficial for some high-value claims to proceed straight to a lawsuit. Speak to a Pasadena accident attorney as soon as possible to determine the best pathway for you.
What You Can Do to Help Prevent an Accident
As drivers, we all have a responsibility to drive safely and follow all applicable traffic rules. To prevent an accident while driving in Pasadena, Texas, follow these tips:
- Practice defensive driving and remain aware of your surroundings.
- Do not engage in distracted driving — put away your phone, keep your hands on the wheel, and keep your mind and eyes on the road.
- Never drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Drive at an appropriate speed during inclement weather, like snow or rain.
While these tips may help avoid accidents, they cannot prevent all of them. Dangerous and negligent drivers still operate on Pasadena roads, and if you are in a collision with these individuals, you need an injury attorney on your side to protect your best interests.
How a Pasadena Car Accident Attorney Can Help
While you may believe the car accident claims process is straightforward and simple, hiring an accident attorney in Pasadena, Texas can provide you with significant benefits self-representation cannot.
- Your attorney can help estimate your settlement and evaluate offers from the insurance company to avoid accepting a low offer.
- Your attorney will have access to resources necessary to investigate your claim and build a compelling case in your favor.
- Your lawyer will be able to negotiate with insurance adjusters and other attorneys on your behalf.
- Your attorney will handle all of the paperwork to file your claim so you can focus on your recovery.
Hiring an attorney for your car accident claim is an investment in your future recovery. The attorneys at AK Law Firm can provide you with all of the above benefits and more.
How Much Will a Pasadena Car Accident Lawyer Cost?
Many people refrain from seeking legal representation after a car accident due to the cost of legal fees. However, most Pasadena auto accident lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis. Under this system, you do not have to pay legal fees unless we secure a settlement in your claim. To limit your out of pocket expenses, your attorney will take an agreed-upon percentage of your settlement as payment. The average contingency fee is around 33%.
Contact AK Law Firm Today
Are you struggling with the aftermath of a Pasadena, TX car accident? You may be eligible for financial compensation through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit. Trust the Pasadena car crash lawyres at AK Law Firm to represent your claim. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and discuss your legal options.